The Elders of Faith Bible Church would like you to be aware of the following information in light of recent developments with COVID-19—
We will continue to meet as a congregation on Sunday mornings for the time being, until we feel it is unsafe to do so, or until we’re instructed by Provincial government guidelines to do so. We understand that some may not feel comfortable attending, and we want you to feel free to make the decision you feel is best for your situation.
Since the COVID-19 virus poses a greater risk to the elderly and those with underlying health issues, we encourage you to consider not attending services. Definitely stay home from services if you are ill. We will be working harder to communicate important information by email, Facebook and our website.
Also, we will be adapting our worship gatherings in the following ways—
- Greetings should not include hand shakes, and hugs;
- Communion will not be celebrated until we feel it is safe to do so;
- Offerings will be received at the back of the sanctuary so as to avoid passing the offering plates;
- We will take extra steps to ensure that washrooms, the nursery, door handles, etc. are given extra sanitizing;
- We encourage you to make use of church hand sanitizing dispensers in the front foyer and inside the gym door;
- If you choose not to attend Faith’s services, we recognize that consistent giving may be a challenge. We suggest that you drop offering envelops off at the church by placing them in the mail slot, or bringing them in to Pastor Jon’s church study.
As we can all appreciate, the development of this situation has taken on an increased urgency in the last couple of days. This is unsettling and can give rise to anxiety, even panic. We are part of the larger family of Jesus Christ, and so are to be a people who trust in the Lord and at the same take reasonable precautions. We will be in regular contact with those who can best advise us as to how to proceed in these uncertain times. We will also adhere to any Provincial government/medical authorities’ directives and this will apply to all the ministries of Faith Bible Church.
One last precaution—
We understand that many of our families are traveling over the March Break, and we strongly recommend that when you return, you consider self-isolating in accordance with health guidelines. This especially applies to those traveling to any area where the virus has been identified as present.
For any who will not be able to attend our services, we encourage you to listen to the sermons on our website at faithpei.com.
God’s Word always speaks just the right wisdom and direction into any all circumstances. Psalm 16:8–9 says, “I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure”
May that be your heart attitude in these difficult times.
Pastor Jon and the Elders of Faith Bible Church